Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ye gods almighty!!! Does Verizon not know what century it is? Their customer service lines are only open Monday through Friday, from 8 - 6. Now, that may sound reasonable to some, but not to those of whose who leave for work around 7 am, and often get home after 6 pm!!! AND I can't make or receive phone calls at work - I'm actually WORKING while I'm there!!
So ... we are leaving Verizon and returning to Comcast ... for a variety of reasons:
1) horrific customer service (as noted above)
2) when I've emailed, I get "do not reply"emails that tell me someone is looking into my concern ... and then ... nothing.
3) They charge $6.50 a FRIGGIN' MINUTE to talk to Paraguay!!!! c'mon guys - it's 2008 - there are satelllites up there that do all the heavy lifting for ya ... there is just no excuse for rates like that!! Especially since I was never told about these exorbitant rates - until after I made 3 calls!!!
4) The Verizon website for customer service / online pay (which I would never trust them with!) / etc is something out of the dark ages. It is so incredibly un-user-friendly, it'd be laughable, if it weren't for the fact that they have MY money!!!
5) I belive Verizon is a "Bush voter" - not even smart enough to figure out how to vote McCain! ("Bush Voter" is the worst epithet you can call someone, according to my family!)

We originally went to Verizon because our Home Owners Association went to Verizon for the internet - which is provided at a discount and figured into our HOA fees. So, hey, we thought, why not just go to them for cable & phone, and save some $$ as a bundle? Well - that thought bit us in the ass!! Even their Cable Guide on the tv is assine!!
So as of today, we are officially switching back to Comcast (change will occur next Sunday.) At a great savings!! With 24/7 customer service! A reasonable website! Email notifications of voice mails! And a guy at customer service who understood the need for MSNBC!!

I realize that I am complaining about silly things when so many are hungry, homeless, without healthcare, etc. here in my very own country; not to mention the very luxury of cable tv, internet, etc., in most of the world ... so I will try to keep myself focused on the big picture. But, as I told the a-hole at Verizon - when the revolution comes - people like him will be the first to go!!!

No comments: