Monday, October 13, 2008

getting cranky ...

I find myself just staring at that electoral map (see below) - watching it turn blue makes me happy! :)

Here are things that make me sad ...

from my Orkut community ... Listen Up Bitches, No McCain! ...
<<
This is from a blog of a missionary in Paraguay ... ok, admittedly, you've usually lost me as "missionary" - unless you're talking about a position!! - but anyway ...


original blogger --Our next party is scheduled for November 5th, to celebrate or lament the election results. We would like to be celebrating by eating Mooseburgers, if you know what I mean.

I commented -- I might celebrate with mooseburgers also - because to me it would mean that the woman has gone back to Alaska to face criminal charges on her abuse of powers as governor. And that McCain has returned quietly to the Senate to be the Senator he used to be, before taken over by the neo-cons of the Republican party.
Please know that every Paraguayan I spoke with this past July & August are in strong support of President Obama. It seems fair - Paraguay finally gets a President they deserve - WE should get one too!


original blogger responded with an "I appreciate your candor."

some idiot bitch responded -- Hi B, It is most suspect that foreign countries are in favor of Obama--what they deam (sic) "good" for them, will surely be bad for us....I'm with you on those Go Palin Mooseburgers! Lisa

okay ... I really need some Rachel Maddow-style "talking me down" right now - anyone wanna try?? >>


also ...
Arnold Conrad's "prayer" ...

<

And Lord I pray that you would guard your own reputation, because they’re going to think that their god is bigger than you, if that happens. So I pray that you would step forward and honor your own name in all that happens between now and Election Day.

Oh Lord, we just commit this time to you, move among us, make your presence very well felt as we are gathered here today in Jesus's name I pray.>>

If that doesn't make you angry - you're not paying attention!! Or you're dead. At least, if you're dead, you won't be voting on November 4th.

I'm getting awfully sad for my country - it used to be a pretty nice place.

No comments: